Sunday, August 29, 2010

Local Writers

So I read an article this morning about a bookstore in Forest Park specializing in mysteries, histories and biographies, celebrating its 20th anniversary. So early this afternoon, Amy and I are on the way to Forest Park to visit Centuries and Sleuths.

It's a comfortable bookstore that doesn't overwhelm you with sheer volume. I can only speak for myself, but when I walk into Powell's, particularly the one in Portland, I spend half my time in a panic that I won't see it all. My own goal was to to get something by one of the many Chicago Crime writers dubbed "The Outfit." This is a blog they operate. The nice lady working the shop steered me into Chicago Blues, a collection of hard boiled short stories by several of them. Looking forward to it.

We had brunch after at Francesca Fiore. Sausage. Eggs. Good stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you back in blog-land!!
    Your blog link reminded me of a radio spot I heard recently about the popularity of kids' camps this year ala forensics (i.e. CSA style)--crazy!

    ReplyDelete