Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday

I have had a good Sunday. Waad, the fellow I've been tutoring in ESL, and his family took us to lunch today at Reza's in Chicago's Andersonville neighborhood. We ate tremendous Persian food, in my case, primarily lamb, chicken, beef, various kabobs and a huge amount of baklava. It was a great time, and Amy and I have really valued getting to know them. Waad's going to be working in Jordan over the next few months, so our weekly sessions will be online for a while.

On Saturday, Amy and I saw "The Fighter," pretty much rounding off the movies we needed to see to be up to date for the Oscars. I found much of the movie interminably repetitive, but overall I enjoyed it. My own pick for best picture remains "Winter's Bone."
Tomorrow, it's back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment