Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday

It's been a good weekend, I think. I burned yard clippings and branches early yesterday morning, mowed, took my laptop in for some servicing, etc. Got many things done. Amy and I went to Labriola and got wood burning pizzas, which is a minor passion of mine. I then lazed and wrote and listened to Duke Ellington last night while Amy went with a friend to House of Blues to see a show. Doesn't get a lot better than that.
I went on a bike ride this morning on the Illinois Prairie Path. I went west a little bit, caught the Elgin Branch north and then turned around. Maybe 12 miles, so nothing stressful. It's good to be so close to these things. I hate using the bike rack on the car, so it's always best to just ride right from the garage. There are a mad number of trails around here. Later I'm trying a friend's chicken recipe. Now off to yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment