Monday, July 5, 2010

Ficus alert

The photo to the left is NOT my ficus, but one I lifted from a local website. I'm guessing it's reasonably mature because the trunk looks thicker.

My own ficus is not doing terribly well, which is distressing, but I've got plans. I'm looking up everything I can on it and making sure the soil never completely dries out, at the same time not over watering it. I'm also going to my first Bonsai society meeting, which, as luck would have it, actually meets at my place of work about two buildings away. So ideally, they'll have more info for me.

Right now my ficus sits in a very sunny window. It's not supposed to be in temps less than 65 degrees, and I noticed an air conditioning vent nearby, so I'm covering the vent with a towel.

I also found a pretty good Bonsai website called Bonsaigardener.

No comments:

Post a Comment