Saturday, July 24, 2010

Thank God this week is over

After a fun work week, I now have much of Saturday to kick back a little before Amy and I go out for our 2nd anniversary. We're going to Wildfire in Oakbrook, which friends have mentioned to me multiple times, but we've never gone. I am told they have a horseradish encrusted steak that I would like. I'm pretty good about not eating meat except when we go out. Then all bets are off, I guess.

I've been steadily making my way through Diarmaid MacCulloch's "Christianity: The First Three Thousand Years." It's a long one, and I've been taking it slowly. Fascinating stuff. It's a good one for the Kindle for a few reasons. 1) It's about 1200 pages, which is a bear if you like to read in bed. Unlike my dad, I cannot lay a book on a table and read that way. Even when I do use a counter or a bar, I have to use a wire book stand to hold it upright. 2) It's such a well worded thing that I've underlined much of it, which, if you have handwriting like Charlie Brown, is much neater to do with the Kindle.

I still have Philip Kerr's latest waiting for me, but I haven't really found the time to do that one. I'm now saving it for our trip down to see Amy's new niece next weekend in Missouri.

1 comment: